Leadership & Training
Leadership Team Training & Resources
Building Local Leaders
Neighborhood Councils were formed to create grassroots leaders and to strengthen neighborhood participation in the City governance.
Members of Neighborhood Council Leadership Teams are charged with building:
- Neighborhood Communication
- Neighborhood-initiated Projects
- Interaction and Building Relationships with Neighbors and your Community
- Problem-solving Issues and Barriers that your Neighborhood may face
For active members and leaders to effectively engage other residents, Leadership Training is offered to help develop the skills of those involved. Leadership Team trainings include Board Trainings, Facilitator Trainings, Local Government classes, etc.
Leadership Team Orientation is offered as new members join the team and can be offered as needed. If you are interested in participating or want more information, email Kalina Pritchard at PritchardK@ci.missoula.mt.us.
Learn More About the Community Forum
Community Forum is comprised of one neighborhood council representative from each of teh City's 18 neighborhoods. It is a venue for Neighborhood Councils to share skills and information. It is a place for neighborhoods to hear presentations from the community, discuss neighborhood issues and hear directly from City Leadership and City Staff. The forum is also a venue for neighborhoods to seek community-wide support for their projects and goals.
- DATE: Community Forum is held on the Fourth Thursday of each month
- TIME: 6:00 PM
- LOCATION: City Council Chambers (140 W. Pine) & Virtual via Microsoft Teams
- Meetings are broadcast on MCAT
Leadership Team Resources
Budgets: the fiscal year is from July 1 - June 30
How To Guides:
(Requests must be submitted before the 2nd Thursday of the month for review by the Community Forum on the 4th Thursday of the month).