Fence Permit Information

Development Services is responsible for the administration of the City of Missoula Municipal Code (MMC) Fence Ordinance (MMC 12.30) and related information regarding visibility obstructions (MMC 12.28.110).

The following information is available to help you through the fence permitting process:

Completed Applications
Completed fence permit applications can dropped off or mailed to:
Development Services
435 Ryman
Missoula, MT 59802

Please do not send payment when submitting the paperwork.

Staff will review the application, which may take two to three business days, and notify you when the permit is ready to be picked up. At that time, the property owner or licensed contractor can pick up and pay for the permit at city engineering.

Additional questions may be best handled by meeting the one of the inspectors at Development Services. You may schedule a meeting by calling them at 406-552-6630.