The Communications Program:
- Provides news and information about the City of Missoula operations and activities to the public and the media
- Provides unity, graphic design, photographic, and advertising support to other City departments
- Writes and issues press releases, schedules news conferences, arranges public appearances, and prepares information materials for public distribution
- Develops and manages content for the City of Missoula website, including coordination with a website team of approximately 20 staff members.
- Coordinates City government programming for presentation on MCAT Channel 11, Missoula's civic and government access cable channel.
- Prepares promotional campaigns, reports to citizens, literature, brochures, and video productions for the City in cooperation with City departments
- Provides communication training opportunities and monitors the City's communications plan and policies as envisioned by the Mayor
Press Release Mailing List
If your news organization would like to be added to the press release mailing list, sign up for our email subscription.
This Department's purpose is to provide service to the City of Missoula in these areas: