Preparing for Court
Hearings and Appearances
What to Bring to Court
Before you come to court, here are the things you should bring with you:
- Proper Identification (driver's license, Montana ID, passport)
- Your copy of the citation
- Appearance letter and/or court documents
- Any receipts regarding your case (i.e. bond receipts, cash bail receipts, etc.)
- Any documents which prove compliance with the judge's orders and/or sentencing
- Method of payment (money, credit card, checkbook, debit card)
- Do not use nicknames or alias; use the same spelling as listed on documents related to the case, and ensure spelling listed on documents is correct. If they are not, please advise the court
- Provide the court with your current address
- Dress - appropriate dress is required. No obscene slogans on clothing, hats, or cell phones. Shirt and shoes are required
Warning Please note if you fail to appear in court as ordered, the court will issue a warrant for your arrest and you can be jailed and/or fined.
For more information, comments, or questions contact us at 406-552-6173.
Missoula Municipal Court uses the following guidelines in determining which defendants are allowed to request a hearing via Skype technology:
- Defendants must live more than 130 miles from Missoula.
- Defendants with offenses which could result in jail time will not be held via Skype. This includes all Title 45 offenses, and all DUI offenses.
- The Judge will not schedule a Skype hearing to address program extensions, Petition to Revoke hearings, or Failure to Pay Fines.
- If your driver license has been suspended for non-compliance, defendants are required to come into compliance or appear personally in front of a Judge to have the license reinstated.
To request a hearing via Skype, fill out and submit the form linked below. The court will notify you when your request is approved (or denied).