I have a ticket, do I have to see the Judge?

01/10/2022 - Please note: due to changes made by a vendor that supports Montana courts' software, charges that have been available to pay online at citepayusa.com in the past may now require Defendants to speak with a Judge or Traffic Bureau Settlement Master before the balance can be addressed at Citepay. Citations may still be paid by mail if the charge(s) do not require a personal appearance. This situation is not expected to be permanent but may take some time to resolve. Please call the court if you have any questions regarding your options. Thank you.

Many tickets can be paid on-line at CITEPAYUSA [https://www.citepayusa.com/payments/welcome.do] or paid at the counter without waiting to see the Judge. Please call 406-552-6180 to verify if your citation can be paid without a court appearance.

Show All Answers

1. I have a ticket, do I have to see the Judge?
2. How can I get my conviction expunged or removed from my record?
3. What are points and what is this ticket going to do to my driving record or my insurance rates?
4. Is there any way I can keep this ticket off of my record?
5. How do I get my ticket dismissed?
6. I can’t afford an attorney and don’t qualify for a public defender, can I represent myself?
7. What court do I go to?
8. The judge ordered restitution to me. When will I get that money?
9. My driver's license was suspended. How do I get it back?
10. Do I have to accompany my child to court?
11. How do I get copies of records from the court?
12. What are the court's surcharges used for?
13. Where can I do ACT (Assessment, Classes, Treatment) or MDD (Misdemeanor Dangerous Drugs Program)?
14. Where can I do Community Service?
15. Where can I do Anger Management?
16. How do I get my scheduled court hearing moved to a different date?
17. How do I obtain an Order Directing Civil Standby?
18. How do I request restitution (as a victim)?
19. How do I get my payment plan lowered or request a global payment plan to address balances on more than one case?