What is the process for opening a cultivation business in the City of Missoula?

Proposed commercial cultivation businesses will need to apply for a 420 License and work with a MT licensed professional architect or engineer to complete a change-of-use, Hazardous Material Inventory Statement (HMIS), and a Hazardous Material Management Plan (HMMP). If you are remodeling the interior of your tenant space for cultivation, you will need to prepare plans for review in the same fashion you would for any commercial interior remodel. Commercial projects are required to be stamped by a MT licensed professional. The State of Montana - Cannabis Control Division will require a copy of your issued 420 license as part of their review process.

Note: Dried plant material is considered combustible fiber, which is a hazardous material in the IBC.  

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a permit or license?
2. How do I apply for a permit/license?
3. How does the review process work?
4. How long does it take to get a 420 license/ commercial building permit issued?
5. Will I need a change-of-use?
6. Will I need an Architect/Engineer?
7. Will I need mechanical, electrical or plumbing permits?
8. Can I install mechanical equipment, duct work, or exhaust fans myself?
9. I have un-permitted work I need to resolve in order to get my license, now what?
10. How do I open a dispensary?
11. What is the process for opening a cultivation business in the City of Missoula?
12. Can I grow Cannabis plants in my home?
13. What is the process for opening an extraction business in the City of Missoula?
14. How do I add a use to my existing business license or 420 license?
15. How do I increase the canopy area of my existing business license?
16. How is my canopy area calculated?
17. When is my business able to switch from medical to recreational?
18. Are there odor or energy use restrictions?
19. How do I submit a complaint related to Cannabis?