What is the process for opening an extraction business in the City of Missoula?

You will need to apply for a 420 License and likely work with a MT licensed professional architect or engineer to complete a change-of-use and a Hazardous Material Inventory Statement (HMIS). If you are remodeling the interior of your tenant space, you will need to prepare plans for review in the same fashion you would for any commercial interior remodel; most extraction change-of-use permits will require a full plan set for review and commercial projects are required to be stamped by a MT licensed professional. The State of Montana - Cannabis Control Division will require a copy of your issued 420 license as part of their review process.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a permit or license?
2. How do I apply for a permit/license?
3. How does the review process work?
4. How do I schedule an inspection?
5. Will I need a change-of-use?
6. Will I need an Architect/Engineer?
7. Will I need mechanical, electrical or plumbing permits?
8. Can I install mechanical equipment, duct work, or exhaust fans myself?
9. I have un-permitted work I need to resolve in order to get my license, now what?
10. How do I open a dispensary?
11. What is the process for opening a cultivation business in the City of Missoula?
12. Can I grow Cannabis plants in my home?
13. What is the process for opening an extraction business in the City of Missoula?
14. How do I add a use to my existing business license or 420 license?
15. How do I increase the canopy area of my existing business license?
16. How is my canopy area calculated?
17. When is my business able to switch from medical to recreational?
18. Are there odor or air quality restrictions?
19. Are there energy use restrictions for cannabis cultivation?
20. How do I submit a complaint related to Cannabis?