What happens if my general liability policy and/or required bonds are cancelled or expired?

Your business license locks if your insurance or bond information on file with the City of Missoula expires or is cancelled. You are unable to pull permits, schedule inspections, and renew your business license if your license is locked. Contractors must maintain current insurance and bond certificates with the City of Missoula.

The City of Missoula should be listed as a Certificate Holder on your insurance policy to ensure we receive your updated policy each year. Your provider should email your renewed policy or notifications of lapse in coverage to coordinators@ci.missoula.mt.us. The City does not reach out to or make requests for insurance certificates or bonds on your behalf.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a business license?
2. How do I know which license to apply for?
3. When do I need to register my tourist home or short term rental?
4. How do I check the status of my license?
5. Is my LLC, Sole Proprietorship, or registration with the state the same thing as a City of Missoula business license?
6. When does my license expire?
7. Can I search for business licenses, tourist homes, or commercial rental registrations located or working in the City of Missoula?
8. Can I transfer my Business License?
9. Can I open in my business before I receive the business license?
10. How do I close my business?
11. I work out of my home. Do I need a City of Missoula Business License?
12. When do I need to submit a background check?
13. If I set up at the Farmers Market or Saturday Market, is a license required?
14. How are Business License fees calculated?
15. What happens if I do not renew my annual City of Missoula Business License?
16. What happens if I have moved my business to a new location?
17. What happens if my general liability policy and/or required bonds are cancelled or expired?
18. What if I close my business and want to reopen it within the same year?
19. What if I no longer perform Excavation or S/C/P in my business?