Conservation Lands Advisory Committee
- CLAC will meet at least four times a year.
- CLAC will meet as needed, no more than once per month, September through April only. Meetings will be held the first Monday of the month, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m., or at a time determined by the group. Additionally, one field trip will be scheduled during the summer to visit active conservation lands management projects.
Agendas and Minutes
Greenough Park Advisory Committee (GPAC) - Archived minutes prior to 2013
The Greenough Park Advisory Committee is now maintained and is a part of the Conservation Lands Advisory Committee. Resolution 7759 (PDF).
The Conservation Lands Advisory Committee (CLAC) will make recommendations on and oversee implementation of the Missoula Conservation Lands Management Plan and the 1955 Greenough Park Decree (see attached Decree). CLAC is a subcommittee of the Missoula Parks and Recreation Board (MPRB) and is subject to all of its rules and regulations.
CLAC will report directly to the MPRB, which advises the Missoula Parks and Recreation Department (Parks). The MPRB is responsible for all actions of CLAC and may require this subcommittee to perform some functions, provide information or give specific advice on certain topics.
- 1955 Greenough Park Decree (PDF)
- Roles and Responsibilities (PDF)
- Bylaws (PDF)
- Conservation Lands Management Plan (PDF)
- Nine voting members
- Three-year terms - the first terms will be staggered into one-year, two-year and three-year terms. After the initial appointments, terms shall expire on October 15th of each year with the replacement or re-appointed members beginning their terms on October 16th.
Composed of those with a variety of expertise and/or interest in the following areas
- Botany (especially Montana native plants)
- Environmental law
- Local history
- Recreation resource management and sociology
- Wildlife biology
- Wildland restoration
A representative from the Missoula Park and Recreation Board will be one of the voting members. A representative from the Montana Fish Wildlife and Parks and the Lolo National Forest will be included as non-voting members.
Up to three CLAC members may reside outside the Missoula City limits, but within the Missoula Urban Area Open Space Plan boundaries, which is approximately a 4.5 mile radius of the City.
Appointment is by the Missoula Parks and Recreation Board.
|Members||Start of Term||End of Term|
|Chris Ryan||October 16, 2012||October 15, 2019|
|Nathan Senner||October 16, 2017||October 15, 2020|
|Karen Sippy||October 16, 2016||October 15, 2019|
|Beverly Dupree||October 16, 2016||October 15, 2019|
|Giles Thelen||October 16, 2017||October 15, 2020|
|Kathleen Kennedy||October 16, 2017||October 15, 2020|
|Lily Clarke||October 16, 2017||October 15, 2020|
|John Pierce||October 16, 2016||October 15, 2019|
|Terry Carlson||October 16, 2015||October 15, 2018|
|Carol Fischer||October 16, 2016||October 15, 2019|
|Liz Bradley (Non-voting)||n/a||n/a|
|Paul Greenough (Non-voting)||n/a||n/a|
|Patrick Bridegam (Non-voting)||n/a||n/a|
Position vacancies are advertised in the media approximately one month in advance. Interested in serving on a board? These are the vacant positions we are recruiting now.