- Community Planning, Development and Innovation
- Development Services
*NEW PROCESSES FOR PERMITS, PLANS AND PAYMENTS*
We are ready to serve you from a distance as we navigate a changing health environment. LEARN HOW and access *new* FILLABLE FORMS and contact information.
Also, see information on NEW required processes for Residential Building Permit Applications, Inspection Protocols, and Commercial Inspection Protocols.
Northside Pedestrian Bridge project updateReopening the bridge is the City's top transportation priority. If the City receives a qualified bid at an acceptable price and timeline, construction could begin in late summer, and the bridge would reopen in late 2023. Read on...
It should come as no surprise that Missoula is recognized as one the most livable cities in the U.S. Year after year, Missoula places high in rankings such as the nation’s best small towns, best communities for young people, best places to raise kids, best cities for successful aging, coolest towns in America, and my personal favorite "best towns ever."
Missoula is recognized for its strong economy, entrepreneurship and educational opportunities, as well as its natural beauty, recreational activities, sporting events, arts and culture, dining and yes, microbreweries.
These competitive advantages result in robust yet sustainable population growth. Development Services is tasked with guiding the city’s growth by implementing thoughtful land use and transportation policies, working with the development community to accommodate quality development and redevelopment and working with citizens to ensure that Missoula can remain vibrant and dynamic while retaining its unique character and quality of life.
Development Services is primarily responsible for:
- Permitting and Land Use: Planning approvals, development review, plan review, permitting, site and engineering inspections, licensing and code compliance
- Building: Building, plumbing, electrical and mechanical inspections and building plan review
We have many online resources and quick links for easy website navigation and we have staff ready to assist you. Let us know how we can help.
Applications & Forms
- Alcohol Permit Application (PDF)
- Block Party Application (PDF)
- Citizen Complaint Form - None Urban Camping complaints only!
- Citizen Urban Camping Complaint Form
- Fence Permits
- Grease Interceptor Variance Request @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Record Request
- Sidewalk Snow/Ice Reporting Form
- Street Use Permit Application
- Utility Service Review Application
- Wastewater Classification Survey @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>