Registration opens Nov. 1 – Dec. 12
Fee: $127 with city card, $145 regular fee
It’s time for another great season of Jr. Playmakers Basketball! Boys and girls will have a ton of fun with an emphasis on FUN, FAIR PLAY, and GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP. Kids learn basic basketball skills from volunteer coaches and use those skills on the playing court. Games are 5-a-side with a team max of 10 players.
After one week of preseason practice, a six-week league ends with a fun tournament on March 3 and/or 10.
- Grades 1-3: Focus is on skill building, fun and teamwork. Games are not scored, no foul shots/free throws.
- Grades 4-5: Players refine their skills and game strategy, build teamwork and have fun! Games are scored, and players learn to shoot foul shots/free throws.
Coaches needed! If you are a parent/coach with basketball experience, please email Shane Randle at Randles@ci.missoula.mt.us.
Parks will form teams, coaches may not form or submit teams. Coaches may request to coach the team on which their child/relative plays.
Leagues divided by grade
- 1-2nd grade boys and girls
- 3rd-grade boys and girls
- 4-5th grade girls
- 4th-grade boys
- 5th-grade boys
Locations of games and practice
Practices: Monday – Thursday from 6-7:30 pm. Gym space is requested by Parks and Rec and assigned by MCPS. Due to our community's high demand for gym space, we cannot guarantee gym space at your child's school. Coaches pick the location that works best at the coaches meeting pre-season. MPR provides gym space for each team to practice for 45 minutes once a week
Games: Fridays between 6-9:30 pm at MCPS Schools - CS Porter, Washington or Lewis and Clark
Grades 1-3: Fri. games 6:30-7:30 or 7:30-8:30 pm, 35 minutes
Grades 4-5: Fri. games 6:30-7:30 or 7:30-8:30 pm, 45 minutes
IMPORTANT: Please register early: first come, first served. Due to limited gym space, registration is limited to a maximum of 40 participants per league. Late registration may be accepted if space is available. Activity numbers and more info.
Kiwanis Basketball - Free!
For kids in grades 6 - 8
Sign up for Kiwanis 5 v 5 basketball with Parks and Recreation! It’s the same great FREE program for 6th, 7th and 8th graders. Parks and Recreation will get you signed up, and Kiwanis will do the rest!
- Deadline: Monday, Feb 13, 5 pm
- Activity # 1333801 No fee.
- Dates: March 6 - April 21. Tourney week of April 24
- No games or practice the week of Spring Break: March 20-24
- Practice times and locations are set by the coach.
- Games played Friday evenings.
- 6th Grade Boys
- 6th Grade Girls
- 7-8th Grade Boys
- 7-8th Grade Girls