HUD Grant Programs

The City of Missoula receives grant funds annually from the United States Office of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). These funds come through two separate funding streams: the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and the HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME). Each year, the City of Missoula awards approximately $500,000 in CDBG funds to housing and community development projects that support low-income residents and approximately $300,000 in HOME funds to housing projects that assist low- to moderate-income Missoulians secure safe and affordable homes.

Grant funding is competitive and is awarded to projects that can address local and federal objectives, which include expanding the supply of housing available to low-income families and individuals, eliminating blight, or meeting urgent community development needs as outlined in the annual Community Needs Assessment, Consolidated Plan, and A Place to Call Home (citywide housing policy).

Program Year 2020 Grant Cycle

Grant applications are currently being processed for Program Year 2020 (July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2021). If you have questions or are interested in applying for Program Year 2021 grant funds please email Karen Gasvoda.

Information for Current Grantees

Thank you for partnering with us to ensure our community members have access to safe and affordable housing and the services they need to thrive. Compliance requirements for current grantees can be found in the City of Missoula Grants Administration Manual.

Report Due Dates

Quarterly CDBG and HOME reports are due on the following dates each Program Year:

  • October 15
  • January 15
  • April 15
  • July 15

Submitting Reports

Reports can be submitted electronically by:

Region VIII 2020 Maximum HOME Investment Subsidy

Please check the HUD Exchange website for all updated information, including Maximum Per-Unit Subsidy Limits.

Guiding Plans and Documents

  1. A reminder to renters and landlords about evictions during COVID-19

    The Montana Department of Commerce sent out this reminder for renters and landlords. Read on ...
  2. People Living Outdoors During the COVID-19 Pandemic

    Help us find solutions for people living outdoors. Reserve Street Encampment: please share your ideas and take a survey. Go to
  3. Missoula Hopes Motel Purchase Will Solve Short- and Long-Term Housing Problems – Next City

    Read Jared Brey's article on Next City's website. Read the article
View All