Affordable Housing Citizen Oversight Committee
Overview of the Affordable Housing Trust Fund
Missoula City Council adopted The Affordable Housing Trust Fund (AHTF) on July 20, 2020. The Affordable Housing Trust Fund is an ongoing funding source to meet affordable housing needs and community goals.
Citizen Oversight Committee Role
The Citizen Oversight Committee will oversee key functions of the Trust Fund. Key Functions include approving the administrative policies and the annual Allocation Plan. The Citizen Oversight Committee will not make funding decisions for every project supported by the Trust Fund.
- Two hour monthly meetings for the first six months - meeting length and frequency will be reviewed and adjusted
- Meeting day and time will be determined by best availability of appointed members
- Meetings will occur Monday - Friday
Membership Requirements and Appointment Process
- Nine members and two alternates
- Participation is voluntary with no compensation
- Alternate members take part in discussions, share perspectives, but do not vote
- Staggered one, two and three year terms initially, then three year terms running from January 1st - December 31
- Members and alternates must attend Board and Committee training once during their appointment(s). Training is offered twice per year by the City of Missoula or Missoula County.
- The mayor or designee
- City Council President or designee
- Executive Director of the Missoula Housing Authority or designee
- Three (3) community members, two (2) of which are currently, or have within the last two years, received some form of help in securing their housing
- One (1) member from a housing non-profit
- One (1) member from the field of housing or real estate
- One (1) member from the field of banking and/or finance
- Two (2) alternate members are considered at-large
- Mayor will appoint two (2) voting members and one (1) alternate
- City Council will appoint three (3) voting members and one (1) alternate
- Missoula Board of County Commissioners will appoint one (1) voting member
Contact Emily Harris-Shears with questions, firstname.lastname@example.org or (406) 552-6394.