Can I have a stop sign installed on my corner?

There are specific requirements the City must follow in order to install a stop sign. Our Traffic Safety Team will study an intersection to determine the best treatment for that intersection. To report a traffic safety concern, please fill out and submit our Report a Traffic Safety Concern form. Sometimes, a better solution in residential neighborhoods is neighborhood traffic calming, which is the installation of physical devices that force traffic to drive more slowly in residential areas. For more information, visit our Neighborhood Traffic Management Program's Engage Missoula page and to see what traffic safety projects are in the works, go to

Traffic Calming

Show All Answers

1. Can I have a stop sign installed on my corner?
2. I need a "Slow Children at Play" sign in front of my house. Will the City install one?
3. How can I get my neighbor to trim the hedge on the corner so I can see traffic?
4. Can I get a sign for handicapped parking in front of my house?