How do I open or close a water account?

Moving In: Apply for water service by phone at (406) 552-6700 or in person at 1345 West Broadway. You will need your employer’s name, your personal identification number, telephone number, name of spouse or roommates, mailing address, and landlord information. You may also be required to pay a deposit for service.

Moving Out: The person whose name appears on the water account is responsible for notifying us of the move out date. A final billing will be mailed after the account is closed. We are unable to make billing adjustments for late notification.

Show All Answers

1. How do I pay my water bill?
2. How do I open or close a water account?
3. How do I request a water meter?
4. Do I qualify for a low income discount on my water bill and how much is the discount?
5. I'm a priority customer, do I need to do anything to keep my designation?
6. What form of payment do you take?
7. What is a priority customer and how do I apply for that designation?
8. When the City of Missoula assumes ownership of the water utility, will there be an interruption in my services?