I've been bitten. Who should I notify?
First call Animal Control at 541-7387. If Animal Control personnel are not available, notify the City Police or the County Sheriff.

If it is an emergency, call 911 and an officer will respond. The 24-hour, non-emergency Police Desk phone number is (406) 552-6300 for city residents. Missoula County residents should contact the Sheriff's Office at (406) 258-4810 during normal working hours, or call 911 after hours.

Show All Answers

1. Can I allow my dog to run off-leash in City parks?
2. How do I report a problem with an off-leash dog(s), or dogs running at-large?
3. Do I need to license my pet?
4. What will a dog license cost me?
5. How do I make a complaint?
6. What can I do about a barking dog in my neighborhood?
7. What should I do if I lose my pet?
8. Are all stray animals accepted by Animal Control?
9. What do I do if I find an injured animal after the shelter is closed?
10. I live outside the City limits. Must I license my dog?
11. Does my cat need to be licensed?
12. Does Animal Control adopt animals to the public?
13. What should I do if I have an animal problem when Animal Control is not available?
14. I've been bitten. Who should I notify?
15. Contact Animal Control