Outdoor lighting of signs and electrical permits

All external lighting, including fixtures that illuminate signs, require compliance with the Missoula Outdoor Lighting Ordinance.  Illumination shall maintain intensities and uniformity ratios as outlined in chapter 8.64of the Missoula Municipal Code.

All illuminated signs require an electrical permit, photometric drawing(s) and information regarding the type of lighting and light fixtures.

For additional information please contact Development Services at 406-552-6630.

Show All Answers

1. What is a Visibility Obstruction Triangle and how does it affect my sign?
2. When is a sign permit required?
3. When do signs require electrical permits?
4. Where can I see the status of my sign permit?
5. Outdoor lighting of signs and electrical permits
6. When is a building permit required for my sign?
7. How is the height of a sign determined?
8. When is an engineering review required for my sign?
9. What clearances affect my signs?
10. What are the application requirements for a sign permit?
11. What are the required documents for a sign permit?
12. What is a frontage and how does it affect my sign?
13. When and where are political signs allowed?
14. What is Fire Premise Identification?
15. How is Street Addressing handled under Missoula Municpal Code?