When is an engineering review required for my sign?

An engineering review is required for any signs as determined by Development Services staff, including all ground and sidewalk signs as well as any signs that are placed in and over the Right-of-Way (12.12.090). Engineering Division approval must be in place before a sign permit is issued final approval. 

For additional engineering requirements and information please contact Engineering Desk at (406) 552-6636 or engdesk@ci.missoula.mt.us.

Show All Answers

1. Where do I start?
2. What are the steps to a sign permit?
3. Are there other permits required?
4. When is a sign permit required?
5. Where can I see the status of my sign permit?
6. Which signs are prohibited?
7. How is the height of a sign determined?
8. When is an engineering review required for my sign?
9. Do sign permits expire?
10. Are there standards for sign lighting?
11. What clearances affect my signs?
12. What is a Visibility Obstruction Triangle and how does it affect my sign?
13. What are the application requirements for a sign permit?
14. What are the required documents for a sign permit?
15. What is a frontage and how does it affect my sign?
16. When and where are political signs allowed?
17. What is Fire Premise Identification?
18. How is Street Addressing handled under Missoula Municipal Code?